About

A blog about books, movies, dogs, and general stuff.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pregnancy Chronicles - Week 27

Dang, I think I'm in the third trimester now. Can I go back to the second, please? Pretty, please? The second was like a buffer. Over the sickness from the first and shielded from the crunch time of the third.

So much stuff to do before the baby comes. Not only at home (move furniture, paint, find pediatrician), but at work too (get that project done, make sure you tell Johnny all he needs to know, Johnny is a dolt though).

But we are making progress. Ordered a glider this week, after sitting in several dozen. That takes care of all the furniture. Just have to assemble it when it comes in. Also registered for a birthing class and started a 529 college fund.

As for me, the symptoms are getting a little worse as I get heavier. Or maybe they just feel worse because it's now the dreaded THIRD TRIMESTER!! da-da-da-dum. My back hurts all the time and my left calf tightens to the point where I'm not sure I can flex it. I also get restless leg syndrome at night. This is a weird feeling, and I'm not sure how to describe it.

Mostly, it's painful. Not like my-leg-fell-asleep-painful. It's different. Like tingly pins of pain that only go away when you move your leg again. (okay, that sounds like my-leg-fell-asleep pain, but trust me, it's a different type of tingle.) You have to keep moving your leg because it hurts to remain still. The RLS is in both of my calves and the bottom of my left foot. One night it got so bad, the hubby had to rub my foot to get it to stop.

Also, people commenting on my size has begun to annoy me. I will set the record straight for all you well-wishers out there wanting to start a talk with a pregnant woman. If what you are about to say has anything to do with size - large or small - shut the F up. Tell her she looks great instead.

You are really showing!
You are all belly! Is it twins?
Now that's a baby bump!
Oh you're not that large. When are you due, April?

No, February, you freaks. At any given time I either feel like a whale or feel like the baby isn't big enough. Don't guess how far along she is, just ask. And don't say a damn thing about size. It's already bad enough when they pull out the tape measure at the doctor's office. Weighed and measured like a fish for sale.

Last bit of advice, if the woman responds with, "thank you, I guess" it means you failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment