About

A blog about books, movies, dogs, and general stuff.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Goodreads challenge

At the beginning of 2012, I challenged myself to read 100 books this year. That's about 2 books every week. Pretty lofty goal considering I started taking masters classes and also have an online collar shop to manage too.

I was doing well for 3/4 of the year. Then the extreme fatigue of my first trimester hit, and I was going to bed at 8:30-9:00 every night. I still tried to read but only got through a few pages before I was out cold. Otherwise, I think I would've made my goal easily.

So here we are with 10 days left in the year and 10.5 books to go. It's not really fair that I got this close just to fail. I'm debating reading a children's book or two, maybe a few short stories. Anything with an ISBN code just to make the goal. I can't tell you how much it sucks to work toward something all year and not quite make it. It's like coming in 4th place at the Olympics.

I told myself at the beginning of the year that I wasn't going to cheat. The books I read had to be a legitimate length. Or if I read a short story, I would have to offset it by reading George RR Martin. (which I did).

Anyway, I'm still going to try for the 100. It doesn't look likely, but who knows. Maybe I'll actually do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment