About

A blog about books, movies, dogs, and general stuff.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pregnancy Chronicles - Week 22

Zomg registries are hard. Common sense says babies don’t need much other than diapers, blankets, and a place to sleep. There’s also all the new parents saying you don’t need half as much as you think. But when you ask them what they used the most, the answer is always different.

Some babies like the bassinet. Some hated the Baby Bjorn. You need to get baby nail clippers. Bottle warmers are dumb. Get a lightweight stroller. Get a stroller that carries everything. Toys are a waste of money. Get one carseat and two bases. Get a really good crib mobile with a remote.

So you see, I really can’t knock anything off the massive baby checklist because we don’t know what will be useful. Things work for people that don’t work for others.

We started a registry on Amazon and realized we were utterly clueless. A few days later, we tackled Babies R Us and wandered around the store not even knowing what things were called.

Tag this bouncy thingy. It looks important.
Sure, how many do we need?
How much is it?
$55.
Just get one.

I bought some books off Amazon and hubby ran to the library. We’ve been learning about baby care ever since. I now know what a Pack and Play is.
Besides, everyone who ever had a baby has blogged about it. There are checklists all over the internet, as well as Most Registered for items, product reviews, best sellers, and even other people’s registries to steal from. I feel confident about everything except clothes. Not sure what size to get and how many.

Meanwhile, I’m still feeling very good. I don’t have any aches, pains, or complaints. The massive fatigue seems to be over with. We actually took a few days vacation in Denver this week for a friend’s wedding. I did a lot of walking. Yes, I was tired and my legs were sore, but if that’s the worse that happens, I’ll take it.

Well, I can do without the shin splints. I did some researching and it’s not terribly normal, but some pregnant ladies do experience shin splints. Most of the information I found was on runners’ forums for expectant moms. I can’t believe people are still jogging, but hey, go for it. I get shin splints if I walk too much.

My sneakers are fairly new, I have arch inserts, and I wear different shoes to the office every day. Still, my calves get tight and my shins scream. I think it’s because the extra weight. Downward facing dog really helps though.

My shins didn’t love sightseeing in Denver, but the hubby was really good about taking breaks. We bought tickets to the IMAX theater in the Natural History Museum just so I could sit for a while. And the food was great, even though we had to skip all the breweries and Coors tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment