About

A blog about books, movies, dogs, and general stuff.

Monday, December 24, 2012

Pregnancy Chronicles - Week 25

At the doctor’s appointment today, the doc said I should be feeling the baby kick 10x a day.

Whoa. I’m nowhere near that. More like 3 or 4. Mostly because I have an anterior placenta that muffles a lot of the movement. Even so, if the baby moves 5 times, that’s an unusual day.

Now I’m supposed to count and try to take more notice of when the baby is moving. Yeah you read that right. Apparently I’m just not paying enough attention.

Dude. I sit in a cubicle all day. It’s not like I’m super active that I don’t notice when a 1.5lb organism inside me is kicking.


But you know, I refuse to be stressed out about this. At the 20 week screening, the baby was moving a lot, but I couldn’t feel it at all. All tests have shown a very healthy pregnancy so far. I feel good, and some part of me knows there isn’t anything wrong. So what if the doctor wants to schedule an extra sonogram just to make sure? At least we get another peek at the baby at the insurance’s expense.

The little guy isn’t a strong kicker....yet. Or he’s comfy and doesn’t like to move. I don’t know why I’m sure, but I’m sure there is nothing wrong. Counting how many times he moves during the day seems very clinical, when over and over you hear that every pregnancy is different. I will do it, because the doctor asked me to. Seems kinda dumb though.

No comments:

Post a Comment