About

A blog about books, movies, dogs, and general stuff.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pregnancy Chronicles - Week 19

The rage for the most part has passed. Or I’m handling it better. Not sure. Or I’m just too tired to care. I’ve been enormously busy and stressed at work, and I’m starting to feel like the exhaustion has hit rock bottom.

Meanwhile, I’m definitely showing. It’s to the point where people say, “Are you....” and they trail off because they realize it’s a rude question. Like asking half the question is less rude. I usually say, “No, I just discovered beer and it’s fantastic.” I mean, what else can explain the rapid belly protrusion?

Of course I’m pregnant you dummies. Check out the maternity wardrobe with the rouched sides.

Since people are dummies, I make a point to touch my stomach because that’s what pregnant ladies do. Beer bellies don’t get rubbed. It helps people figure it out without asking the question.

We’re making progress though. We’re on the waiting list at one daycare, and the house remodel is done. All new floors, counters, sink, and next week we’ll do the backsplash and lighting in the kitchen. Because Baby needs tile on the wall. I feel better about having new hardwood and new carpet in the house because we’re probably going to spend more time on the floor in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment