About

A blog about books, movies, dogs, and general stuff.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Pregnancy Chronicles - Week 20

We find out the sex at the end of this week! The proper word is sex, not gender by the way. I learned this. Gender is a social construct of expectations, roles, and responsibilities. Sex is physical. I suppose we could have a girl with a male gender, but let’s keep it simple for now.

Anyway, I’m excited to know for a multitude of reasons.
1. So I won’t have to keep answering, “what are you having?” “Are you going to find out?”
2. It’s a major milestone. After this, we can paint, and make a registry, and not have to guess on the daycare application forms.
3. So we can start thinking arguing about names.
4. It makes talking about the baby easier. Pronouns are convenient.

I do have a preference in mind, but I’d be crazy to tell anyone. That will guarantee the opposite. Anyway, there is no point in saying it because I have no control over it, and I don’t want anyone to assume I’m disappointed. I won’t be.

It’s like wondering what big surprise your spouse has planned for your birthday. He’s been hinting at it for weeks. Is it a trip to the beach or a trip to the mountains?? Maybe you prefer the beach slightly more than the mountains, but in the end, it’s still a vacation and it’s still awesome.

That’s why I won’t be disappointed. Still a baby. Still awesome.

As for me, the extreme exhaustion let up. I was feeling better this weekend, and had a great day on Monday. I worked all day, walked the dog, made collars, helped clean out a kitchen drawer, and still was awake enough to watch TV. Hubby kept asking me if I wanted to rest, and I was like, “nope! I feel great!” I felt like myself again. Tuesday and Wednesday weren’t as chipper, but at least I didn’t feel crazy tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment