About

A blog about books, movies, dogs, and general stuff.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Pregnancy Chronicles - Week 6.5

I just learned I cannot eat lunchmeat while pregnant. Well, I can, but I have to heat it up first. This is nuts, all because listeria can be transferred through the placenta?

Don’t say what’s the big freaking deal, because this is a big freaking deal. I have a sandwich every day. Every day. Any deviation in that diet will tip my coworkers off. Every single day I pack a sandwich, fruit, yogurt, and a snack item with very little deviation. It’s been remarked upon and noticed what I eat for lunch.

Yeah you can have canned tuna, but really only once a week. Don’t want too much mercury.

That leaves me with PB&J, cheese sandwiches, or egg salad. If I want to keep up bringing a sandwich to work everyday, that is. Suddenly switching to salads, peeing every hour, and a bloated belly making my pants tight....I have a feeling they are going to figure it out.

Freaking lunchmeat.

And what am I supposed to tell my yoga instructor and fitness instructor? All the online resources say to tell them ASAP, but the gym is at work. Like in the building. Two floors down. I take yoga with coworkers. If I start doing prenatal poses and exercise routines, people are going to notice, no matter how sneaky the instructors are. I know they can keep silent if I ask them to, but people will notice if you are doing something different than the rest of the class.

Oh what’s it matter. I’m so bloated I look 3 months pregnant anyway.

God I’m thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment