About

A blog about books, movies, dogs, and general stuff.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pregnancy Chronicles - Week 12

Blood tests are all fine, except for a minor UTI. So now I’m popping antibiotics, pre-natal vitamins, and medicated powder for an awesome sweat rash in my cleavage. Nice. Apparently when you get fatter, you sweat more, and sweat gets trapped between your fat. Instant rash.

Yes, I know I’m oversharing.

Meanwhile, I’m starting to show. It’s a little early to have a tummy like mine, so it’s possible it’s mostly gas and bloat. But when I wear a t-shirt, it’s damn obvious. I may have to start telling people earlier than I wanted. Or wear really bulky clothing.

A comfortable sleeping position is becoming difficult to find. If it weren’t for the intense fatigue, I’d have trouble sleeping. As it is, the Olympics are KILLING me. Does it have to be on so late? I’ve fallen so far behind on my Goodreads challenge, I’m thinking about reading a bunch of short stories to catch up.

Also, weird fact. Mosquitoes love me more. Maybe it’s the extra blood and hormones? I’m covered in insect bites. I can’t use bug spray because I’m not thrilled about the Deet and other chemicals.

I just want to get through this week. We have our 12 week screening in a few days. That’s where they check for abnormalities. The follow-up with the doctor is 6 days after that. Once we have confirmation the baby is not a genetic freak, I’ll reassess my plan for avoiding t-shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment