About

A blog about books, movies, dogs, and general stuff.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pregnancy Chronicles - Week 12.5

The screening went well. I was very impressed with the ultrasound office. There was a monitor high up on the wall, so I could view it without moving my head. Everything was very comfortable and they let us know exactly what we were seeing before we asked. There was an ultrasound tech and a doctor attending the screening.

The doctor said the measurements and nuchal fold looked perfect. The blood results said we are a very low risk for Down’s Syndrome and two other genetic tests.

Which is good, because I don’t want to have to make that call.

Meanwhile, yes, I am starting to show. I can’t believe people aren’t noticing. Granted, I’m trying to dress to hide it, but when I turn sideways to the mirror, dang people. You don’t see it? Also, I have stopped buttoning my pants on the weekend. My tummy is comfortable but my butt is hanging out.

I have yet another doctor’s appointment in a few days. I think they want to take more blood from me. Or poke at me for the fun of it. I’m not sure; I can’t keep track. It does seem excessive.

Symptom wise, my feet hurt and my back hurts. I’m also losing a LOT of hair, particularly in the shower, but a significant amount during the day. My desk chair looks like a wig. I did not read this in any of the books and will bring it up to the doctor. There’s no way a person can lose this much hair and replace it at the same rate. Mildly concerned here.

I’m not the only one having symptoms. Mine are physical; Hubby’s are mostly mental. I think he’s nesting. He’s been talking about all these projects he has to do on the house. Suddenly new floors are a MAJOR issue even though I’ve been asking for 2 years. We even tucked away money to buy them, which is a big deal because we usually negotiate each month about where the savings will go. He wants to invest in our retirement accounts; I want to spend it on the house. First time ever he opted for the house.

Not only that, but he wants to clean out the garage and basement. He’s also talking about what tools he needs to buy to finish the basement. I can’t even remember him talking about the basement before. Suddenly we need more living space?

Right now he’s covered in poison ivy from belly button to eyelid. (no really, he has some in his belly button). I told him to relax while he heals, but nope. He’s fixing the fence ASAP because omg the fence is down! The dog will escape! It must be done! We need trees and plants and a fish pond!

Look, whatever. The dog doesn’t even go back that far into the property. And if you know my dog, the fish will probably swim in pee.

But hey, we all deal with things differently. Who am I to say his method is wrong? So we’ll get new floors, maybe new countertops and a new kitchen sink. As long as we’re not in debt over it, have at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment