About

A blog about books, movies, dogs, and general stuff.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

My iPhone

Alright. I love my iPhone. It is my very first smartphone. I thought I could get through life without one, but what would be the point of that? It's just so fun and convenient.

The reason we didn't get smartphones years ago is because we're cheap. We have laptops and we're around computers everyday at work. I'm not even allowed to have a phone at work; that's about 9 hours a day where paying for a data plan is worthless. It's not just me either, the husband doesn't get reception at work due to equipment interference. We couldn't justify the cost of two smartphones and a family data plan.

Then Christmas came and it just seemed like a good gift to get each other. Besides, I'll be home on maternity leave for 3 months this year. Having a handheld device would make more sense than trying to fit a laptop and baby on my lap.

The baby is not here yet, but I'm addicted to my phone already. So is hubby. Gmail, Facebook, Words with Friends, Scramble, Plants vs Zombies, Family Feud, Google Maps, Etsy. We have to charge our phones daily.

Facetime is pretty awesome too.

And I know I don't need any of this. We got along fine without it for years. It's just too damn fun. What a convenient way to add more pictures of my dog to the internet.

Just wish it were cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment