About

A blog about books, movies, dogs, and general stuff.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Etsy Drop Down Menus

Etsy is beta-testing drop down menus! Haha oh happy day!

I'm so excited. I get to be a member of the beta testing team. All that means is I get to test out the feature in my shop and report feedback on how it works or can be improved. Right now, only 50% of my customers can see the drop down menus. To check if you are one of them, click here and look in the upper right corner.

I only received one order so far where the customer used the menus. I think all the rest didn't have that option. I was so excited when that order came in! Neck size! Color! I had all the info I needed at the time of the sale to make the collar.

The usual process is for customers to type in their dog's neck measurement in the "message to seller" box at checkout. You can imagine how often this fails. I spend an exorbitant amount of time emailing customers. A few times a month, I'll get customers who don't respond to email and I'm forced to refund their purchase because I can't complete the order on the info provided. When I do that, Etsy loses out on the 3% transaction fee, so these menus are a huge benefit to all parties involved.

I love that I can set the sizes from 12 to 24 inches. I won't get any more orders for chihuahuas with 8" necks. The collars are 1" wide, people!!

I love that my customers can now select a webbing color. That's an option I couldn't provide before because the checkout process was already confuddled.

I love that this makes the "message to seller" box obsolete. If I get all the information at checkout, there's no need to write anything in that box.

I would love an additional box to add a leash, or select from a buckle or martingale collar. But for now, I'm ecstatic to be beta testing this feature, and I can't wait until all my customers have these menus.

No comments:

Post a Comment