About

A blog about books, movies, dogs, and general stuff.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dog Treats

I usually make my own dog treats from beef liver, salt, and a dehydrator, but it occurred to me that might not be the healthiest snack. It's high in cholesterol and saturated fat.

I also gave up on the Milkbones entirely.

I found these Real Meat treats - made in the USA so no worries about pet death from China. You can check out the website here. The dog loves them.

The ingredients for the venison are venison, dried chicory root, natural vegetable glycerin, sea salt, mixed tocopherols. They are about 8 calories per treat.

I got a 12oz bag for $12.99. It's not a bad price considering how it compares to similar products. But yeah, it's expensive when compared to Milkbone. Still, I think we found new treats for our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment