About

A blog about books, movies, dogs, and general stuff.

Monday, May 14, 2012

New Blog

Well that didn't last long. I went without my blog for a week before I had to start a new one. I missed it, more than I thought I would. And it seemed like other people missed it too, based on the feedback I got from my family. Or they were being nice. Either way, it amuses me to start blogging again, so here we are.

It's funny, as soon as I deleted the other blog, I thought of topics to write about (Avengers, airport bookstores) and how much I wanted to write about them. The genius thing about blogs is that I can take the time to organize my thoughts and don't have to participate in conversation while I do it. I consider myself a good listener but that doesn't mean I like verbal discussions. I am an introvert after all.

You'd think blogging would be an extrovert activity. Not true. Here I can state my opinion about anything I want to talk about, not get interrupted while I make my point, and review any counterpoints  before I'm forced to respond.

Simply put, I prefer to communicate by writing.

This time, I'm going to make my blog more anonymous. You won't find my name or occupation anywhere, and pictures will tend to be of the dog or projects around the house, rather than our faces. Not that this was a problem before, but the nature of my work changed recently and I have to take steps to separate my personal and professional life.

It's okay if professional contacts follow my Goodreads account; they won't learn anything of interest there.  Same with Pinterest. I tightened the account settings on Facebook though, and the other blog had so much personal info, it was easier to delete it than sort through it.

Anyway, this rebooted blog will still be about books, movies, my dog, house projects, and whatever awesomeness that pops up along the way. Same as before, minus names and faces. Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment