About

A blog about books, movies, dogs, and general stuff.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Happy birthday

Happy birthday to my husband, who turns 31 today. There's not much excitement in turning 31. He's getting a TV for the bedroom wall....but we have to paint it first so that sorta sucks. The TV is his main present, so I got him something little to open this morning. A pair of sandals because the dog ate his last ones.

Hey, they're nice sandals. Leather with arch supports.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to his 36th birthday because we met when we were 18. When we both turn 36 in 2017 I can say I've known him for half my life.

On the flip side, anything after 2017 is MORE than half my life, and I'm not ready to sound like I'm over the hill. Not before I'm 50.

I'm struggling to take something positive away from this. Because my husband had a birthday, we have to paint the bedroom and we're one year closer to sounding old.

Sandals and cake don't really make up for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment